Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bak Kwa


The Sundaytimes Newspaper Home section, reported, Crowd Control. Beat bak kwa queue by going to factory sale..Haha..I'm not going to follow the crowd.. I'm making bak kwa myself. Last month, after making a few batches of it, I decided to make some changes to the recipe that I found it from Lilyng and I came out with my own new recipe.

You can visit Lilyng's blog below
LilyNgBakKwa
This is My Bak Kwa Recipe,
The Ingredients

1 kg of Minced Pork ( With about 20% fat)

Marinate
11/2 Tbsp of fish sauce
11/2 Tbsp of light soya sauce( I used Tai Hua Special light soya sauce)
1 Cup of coarse sugar
1/8 Tsp of 5 spiced powder
1/2 Tsp of cinnamon powder
1/2 Tsp of white pepper powder
1/2 Tsp of kam cho (licorice) powder
1 Tsp of rose wine(optional)
11/2 Tsp of hua tiao chiew
1/2 Tsp of corriander seeds powder
1 piece of preserved bean curd red colour
1 Tsp of dark soya sauce

Season minced pork with the marinate and leave in the fridge overnight.
Spread meat onto the baking paper. You can cover with cling wrap and using a rolling pin to roll it out flat. Try to spread meat as thinly as possible.

Bake in the oven at 75 degree C till dry, for about 1/2 an hour.

Remove and cut meat into pieces. Set oven to 175 degree C and grill meat until golden brown.


You can view my video on youtube how make to my bak kwa.

4 comments:

  1. good job.

    have you try pan frying, it is faster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lily, Thank you very much.I'll try out next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Hope you don't mind. I have used your recipe , with slight changes, and posted it on my recipe blog, with acknowledgement of your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I know of all the ingredients except "1/2 Tsp of kam cho (licorice) powder". What is this? do you have a picture of the jar/brand?

    Great recipe, by the way! I'm dying to try it!

    ReplyDelete