Tower of chocolate cake recipe 2:
For the ingredients
You will need:
- Chocolate cake
- Chocolate ganache
- Cream cheese icing
- Grated chocolates
For cake ingredients:
- 11/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 227g butter
- 300g fine sugar
- 6 eggs about 50g each
- 170g buttermilk( I made the buttermilk myself by using 170g milk with 1Tbsp of lemon juice)
- 1tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 170°C, measure all the ingredients and sift all the dry ingredients together, get 2 round 8 inches baking pans and lined them with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, then add eggs one at a time.
- Add egg gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition. In between mixing, add some flour mixture to combine if the mixture started to curb.
- At low speed add in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir until just combined and the mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into the prepared pans and bake at 170°C for about 35 minutes or until done.
To prepared the Cream cheese icing:Ingredients:
- 170g cream cheese
- 40g butter
- 70g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cream together until light and creamy.
To prepared chocolate ganache:
- 130g chocolate 70% cocoa butter
- 130g cream
- 30g butter
To assemble cake:
Slice each cake into 3 equal layers, so you will have 6 layers.
- Assemble it with different cream filling for each layer.
- Cover the outside with a thin layer of chocolate ganache and keep it in the fridge for a few hours first before pouring a layer of warm chocolate ganache over it.
- Decorate with grated chocolates and raspberry.