Friday, May 7, 2010
Making Dora-Yaki (Sweet Red Bean Paste Pancake)
Sweet Red Bean Paste Pancakes also known as Dora-Yaki is one of the popular sweets snack in Japan. I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe.
The Dorayaki Recipe
Here are the ingredients:
1/2 cup of sugar
2 tbsp of honey
3 tbsp of milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1+3/4 cups of flour
about 3/4 cup to 1 cup of water
1 tbsp of soy sauce
some sweet red bean paste for the filling
1. Using a electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
2. Add in the honey slowly. Mix well.
3. Mix milk powder, baking powder, baking soda and flour together.
4. Add flour mixture into the egg mixture, mix well.
5. Add in the water, then the soy sauce. Mix well.
Oil a non-stick pan using some paper kitchen towel dub in oil. Heat pan up using low fire. Pour a spoonful of batter into the pan and make into a round shape. Let is cook until you see bubbles forming. Then turn the pancake over and fry for another 5 seconds. Repeat.
Sandwich sweet red bean paste between two pancakes and serve hot.
Once cooled down you may deep-freeze them wrapped in cellophane paper.